List of content
This article is to provide you with vital information if you have cargo shipping to Israel or cargo shipping from Israel and to provide a brief about Israel’s industries and economy.
In this article you can find information about:
- Israel main industries, export and Import
- Israel international airports and seaports for cargo Import and Export
- How to succeed with cargo shipping to Israel or cargo shipping from Israel
Background about Israel prominent Industries
Israel’s geographical location between 3 continents: Europe, Africa, and Asia, in addition to its proximity to the Suez Canal and its location on the Mediterranean Sea, affect the trade routes passing through Israel.
Israel’s Economy is an advanced free-market, Knowledge-based Economy.
Israel has the second-largest number of startup companies in the world after the United States. It was ranked 22 on the latest report of the UN’s Human Development Index, which places it in the category of a highly developed country.
Israel holds the 3rd largest number of NASDAQ-registered companies, only behind the U.S. and China.
Intel, Microsoft, and Apple built their first overseas research and development facilities in Israel, and other high-tech multi-national corporations, such as IBM, Google, HP, Cisco, Facebook, and Motorola have opened R&D centers in the country.
Israel’s major economic sectors are high-technology and industrial manufacturing; the Israeli diamond industry is one of the world’s centers for diamond cutting and polishing.
Israel is relatively poor in natural resources and depends on imports of petroleum, raw materials, wheat, motor vehicles, uncut diamonds, and production inputs.
Israel’s reliance on energy imports may change in the future with recent discoveries of natural gas reserves off its coast and the leading role of the Israeli solar energy industry.
Israel’s quality university education and the establishment of a highly motivated and educated populace is largely responsible for ushering in the country’s high technology boom and rapid economic development.
its strong educational infrastructure and quality incubation system helped to create a high concentration of high-tech companies across the country financially backed by a strong venture capital industry.
Israel main Export Industries
Medical & Pharmaceuticals; Aerospace and Aeronautics; hardware and software; Defense and security; Agriculture; Robotics; Environment & water treatment; Chemicals & Plastics; Energy – Solar & Gas.
Israel Major International Airports Ben Gurion International Airport - Iata code - TLV
The Ben Gurion airport is named after the first prime minister of Israel. David Ben Gurion.
it is (By far) the largest and main international airport in Israel, located 15kms, south-east of Tel Aviv. It serves as the main entrance and exit airport in and out of Israel. The airport is considered to be among the top five airports in the Middle East.
Ramon airport - Iata code - ETM
Known also as Eilat-Ramon Airport, is an international airport located in the Timna Valley in southern Israel. Ramon Airport is the second largest in Israel (after Ben Gurion Airport) and has replaced the former Eilat Airport and Ovda Airport for civilian traffic. It also serves as the primary diversion airport in Israel.
The "Open Sky" Agreement in Israel
Was signed by Israel and the European Union. Negotiations for the agreement started in 2006 following the EU community’s request to Israel to promote a uniform global aviation agreement with EU countries, replacing a series of separate bilateral aviation agreements between Israel and EU countries. This agreement opened the door to other airlines into Israel and naturally also influenced the cargo industry in Israel
Israel Major Sea Ports Ashdod Port
The port of Ashdod is located on the Mediterranean coast, in the southern coastal plain of Israel. A large part of the Import to Israel goes via Ashdod port especially consolidated containers but also full containers.
The Port of Haifa has a natural deep-water harbor, which operates all year long, and serves both passenger and merchant ships. It is one of the largest ports in the eastern Mediterranean in terms of freight volume and handles about 30 million tons of cargo per year. The port employs over 1,000 people, rising to 5,000 when cruise ships dock in Haifa. The Port of Haifa lies to the north of Haifa’s downtown quarter on the Mediterranean and stretches to some three kilometers along the city’s central shore with activities ranging from military, industrial, and commercial next to a nowadays-smaller passenger cruising facility.
The port of Eilat is located on the shores of the Gulf of Eilat in the Red Sea. The port serves as the southern gateway of the State of Israel to the countries of the Far East, Oceania, East Africa, and India. Large parts of the port’s activity come from the import of vehicles from the Far East, as well as from the export activity of chemical plants ex Israel.
Air & Sea Cargo Shipping to Israel – Important tips
Incoterms – The responsibility for arranging and paying for the cargo shipping and marine insurance of the freight, depends on the agreement between the shipper and the consignee.
Incoterms are the possible agreed terms seller and buyer can choose of. common terms are Exworks, FOB, CIF & DAP (DDU).
Import customs clearance of cargo into Israel:
Import customs clearance of cargo is required by customs authorities in any destination country including Israel. Your cargo agent and customs broker in Israel will ask for the following documents to initiate the import customs process of the cargo.
Documents typically asked, for the easy shipping process, and customs clearance procedures at destination:
- Commercial invoice
- Packing list
- shipper’s export declaration
- Origin declaration
Cargo shipping to and from Israel:
If you plan on shipping cargo to or from Israel, 7cs logistics solutions are the solution to your quest. 7cs logistics solutions is an international freight forwarding and customs broker agency that provides dedicated service to make sure that your cargo is in trusted hands. It ensures transportation via sea and air as well as provides custom clearing services in land, sea, and air freight.
We provide you a complete package, starting from inland transportation, to and from the ports, free and bonded warehousing of cargo and packing!
Cargo Forwarder in Israel:
If you are looking for an international freight forwarder and customs broker, look no further.
7C logistics solutions LTD is an Israeli certified freight forwarding and customs broker.
We are committed to providing professional and very dedicated service.
We will make our best to take you hand in hand through the process and to make it as easy and smooth as possible.
We are an active member in 2 esteem freight forwarding professional networks
Offering transportation of cargo by air & sea, customs clearing services for all categories of shipping including inland transportation, packaging, and other supply chain solutions.
to and from the ports, warehousing of cargo in bonded & free warehouses, packing.
Communicate properly with your cargo forwarder and customs broker:
Now that you have some know-how of the cargo shipping process, it is also important to exchange a few crucial points with your freight forwarder and customs broker.
Important data to provide to your cargo shipping agent
Bellow, you can find frequent questions you will be asked by the freight forwarder to get pricing and to start the shipping process:
- What is your preferred choice for shipping; Shipped by air or by sea?
- Is shipping for commercial or private purposes?
- Please elaborate on the Dimensions and weight of the packages
- Full pickup and delivery address including Zip code.
- What is good value? (insurance purposes).
- loading instructions? Crane? Forklift? Portage needed
7C Logistics solutions, Israeli freight forwarder, your cargo shipping to (or from) Israel partner.
As your customs agent in Israel, Our care and responsibilities while handling your imported cargo:
First, we will need your POA (Power of attorney) authorization to handle your cargo with Israel customs authorities,
Then will handle the following:
- We will receive your cargo documents.
- Commercial Invoice & Packing List
- Certificate of origin (Or origin declaration on the invoice)
- Shipping Letter of instructions
All documents are to be issued and signed by the exporter of the cargo.
- We will register your cargo with Israeli customs authorities and will arrange import custom procedures. (or export if needed)
- Our Import Customs Clearance team will prepare documentation and formal registration as the transport vehicle approaches the port for the entrance of the container to the terminal.
- As your freight forwarder, we will sure that all documents are in place as per the law of Israel.
- All the legal and legislative permissions are double-checked by the freight forwarder so that the container gets through without facing any problem.
- We will book a pickup of your shipping from shipper premises and will make sure the truck arrives as planned to pick up point.
- We will hire an insured and qualified trucking company for your valuable freight.
- As your freight forwarder, we will ensure the packaging and shipping safety requirements.
- We will ensure your cargo with Marine insurance if you ask us to.
- We will provide you with proof of delivery of your goods to the air or sea export terminal.
- As your freight forwarder, we will book space for your shipping with AIR or Sea carrier (Booking with airline or shipping Line)
- The freight forwarder makes sure that the booking confirmation is received.
- We will watch over to confirm your cargos is loaded into the vessels
- We will then issue the Bill of lading or air waybill as proof of your ownership of the goods.
- We track the shipment and alert our partners abroad. The goods are located at customs and delivered to their final destination
- As your freight forwarder, we will track your shipping
- We will send pre-alert with all shipping documents overseas to ensure our partners in the destination will prepare custom formalities in advance.
- Our freight forwarder partner agent in the destination country will ensure the custom clearance and delivery of the cargo on time to meet the consignee’s schedules.
Door to door shipping coordination is including all customs regulations and coordination between the parties is what we will do for you as your appointed freight agent
While all these processes are going on at the back office, we will remain available to push information, updates, and explanations.